Sunday July 10, 2016 3:00 – 6:00 pm
Free Event: They supply the boats, you supply the energy!
Riley’s Lock along Seneca Creek (this is flat water)
13025 Riley’s Lock Rd,
Poolesville, MD 20837
- From the Beltway, take River Road west toward Potomac. Continue past Potomac for 5 miles.
- Turn left to stay on River Road at the intersection with Seneca Road, then left on Riley’s Lock Road.
When: Sunday July 10, 2016 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Who is the event designed for?
Adults and kids, age 5 and over, are welcome to join the fun. No experience is necessary.
What Can I Expect?
- Plan to get wet and have a blast!
- Bring water and snacks (no concessions available)
- Bring a Ziploc bag for your keys if they can’t get wet.
How Much Does It Cost?
The event is free! There are sponsors to defray the costs!
What Type of Boats will Be Available?
Both kayaks and canoes.
A Little History
The Potomac River Festival has been going on for a good many years. The main part of the event is the Great Falls Race. Expert kayakers and canoeists from around the nation compete in a race down Great Falls. There is also an upriver race and other events. But the Family Introduction to Paddling part of the Potomac River Festival started last year and is a more sedate, family oriented event to introduce novices to the sport of kayaking and canoeing.
Here are some pictures from the 2015 Family Paddling Event.